BED WETTING

Home Forum Child Care BED WETTING

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Udeh Ify Gorgeousgifty 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Happy O
    HEO

WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO BED WETTING AT AGE 13

This is not the best feeling for the teenager and for the parents too. Try not to ridicule your child.

The best solution for bedwetting is using a bedwetting alarm. Alarms are perfect for sound sleeping teens who have no idea when wetting happens. Moisture sensing bedwetting alarms sound when urine is detected. The teen and parents are alerted so they can begin to make the brain-bladder connection. Your teen may sleep through the loud alarm initially. That is how most users begin.

A parent’s job is to go to their room, wake them, have them turn off the alarm and walk to the bathroom. Over time, the teens are able to learn what a full bladder feels like and that they must be in the bathroom before the urine is released.

The good news is that bedwetting alarms work as effectively in teens as they do in younger children. It usually takes teens a little longer to get to complete dryness, but a few extra weeks to change a behavior that has been going on for years is quite manageable.

Drinking Lot’s of water at day time helps the teenager to pee and empty the bladder before retiring to bed at night. I hope this helps.

reduce her water intake once is 5pm and wake her at interval to urinate ,u have to be determined about it once you do she will be used to it

Reduce the amount of water given at bedtime,always make sure he or she uses the bathroom last thing before going to bed.make it a duty to always wake ur child at night to go use the bathroom

This is a good idea đŸ™‚

Happy O
    HEO

That you all for your kind responses. I really appreciate you all

Happy O
    HEO

Thank you all for your kind responses. I really appreciate you all

Reduction in water intake and also prayer

This 5k s a big challenge, I will advise you reduce his water intake at night and make him use bathroom before bed time

This is a big challenge, I will advise you reduce his water intake at night and make him use bathroom before bed time

reduce her water intake once is 5pm and wake her at interval to urinate ,u have to be determined about it once you do she will be used to it

reducing play time during the day also help to stop bed wetting.

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Reduced water intake at night. Parents can monitor the child ,wake the child up at night to go wee,after sometime the child could get used to waking up too. </p>
    Dinner should be monitored and carefully chosen. A lady had to go through the pains of having a teenager bedwet. Someone advised her to serve dinner early and the meals shouldn’t be heavy. This worked like magic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in