COUPLES MONEY PROBLEMS

Home Forum FINANCE COUPLES MONEY PROBLEMS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Nuryikanwa Nuryikanwa 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Financial troubles and differences are one of the most common conflicts and can ruin relationships. Couples who don’t talk about money in an honest and respectful way often set themselves up for disaster.

Some couples think the best way to avoid money arguments is to keep separate checking accounts and they each pay bills separately. This lays the groundwork for financial problems as time goes on, as lots of suspicion rises when financial demands are unable to be met.

Marriage is a partnership and now you are one. Both parties need to be involved in the finances. Separating the money and splitting the bills is a bad idea that only leads to more money and relationship problems down the road. Don’t keep separate accounts. Put all of your money together and begin to look at it as a whole and spend it together as the needs arises. It helps you manage your family income properly, cutting off unnecessary and extravagant spendings. It also brings openness, trust and peace in relationships & marriages.

That’s my opinion, Let’s hear yours.

Yes I agree with you, but remember marriage have different formulae what works for mr A might not work for. Mr B, is adviceable for one to use the formulae that works best for each other, as long as same goal is achieved. Money issue needs to be tackled with wisdom.

Yes is better you know the formulas that works for you and stick to it in your marriage.

I agree with knowing what works for you.

It’s better to know what works best for you and stick to it

Having a joint account help the couple to know what to spend on and when there’s no money. Unlike when the couples keep separate account,  the woman of the house will hardly accept “there’s no monry” from the husband because there’s no transparency, and this may cause serious kiosk in their home

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in