Is it wrong to feel miserable about putting on pounds during pregnancy?

Home Forum Motherhood Is it wrong to feel miserable about putting on pounds during pregnancy?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ismaila Shile admin 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

I’m 24 weeks pregnant with my first child, and I’ve gained 22 pounds. My doctor, husband, friends, and family are not as concerned as I am and they don’t seem to understand how I feel. I’m completely thrilled at the prospect of becoming a mother, but the weight gain is making me miserable. Do I just need to ‘get over myself’? Am I the only one who feels this way?

I think it’s okay to feel overwhelmed by all the changes your body is going through. Gaining healthy weight is good for you and your baby.  It only becomes a problem if you gain too much weight which can signal health risks like preeclampsia or gestational diabetes. If your doctor isn’t concerned about your weight gain then there’s no need to beat yourself up about it. Not gaining weight can even be dangerous to your  developing fetus. Remember it’s all for your little angel on the way!

Hi tuyet,

congratulations! you are almost there. I  understand how you feel. But just as Nnena said up there if you check in with your doctor and the results come out clean, then just put a smile on your face, try not to feel bad and always remind yourself that soon your little angel will be in your arms and all you’ll feel is love beyond words.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in