Respect

Home Forum African Culture Respect

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Mercy Amos (@omalichamu) Omalichamu 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

I’m infuriated by the non chalant attitude and disrespect from kids of nowadays. Especially the late 90’s and early 20th century.

So many times I walk past a group of kids whom I know, even in my compound and they do not greet. I remember in my time, as a child / teenager I would even greet people I don’t know as far as they are older than me.

In fact sometimes I’m walking past and I greet their parents and the kids are beside them and don’t greet. Most times the parents do not caution them to greet back. I trust my mum I would have gotten a big knock on my head.

Parents please charity begins at home, train your child in the way of the Lord and when he’s old he will not depart from it

Respect is reciprocal, it should be given to who deserves it

Respect is earned, sometimes the way one behave and places him or herself brings respect to them

This is not a question of earning respect. A child is expected to show respect to his or her elders no matter what. All these, ┬ástarts from home training. Most children don’t know how to say good morning to their parents left alone strangers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in