Teething symptoms

Home Forum BABIES Teething symptoms

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Aderonke Fameso Afameso 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

1:Biting more than usual
    This teething symptom wii turn your baby into a vampire! Bite, bite, bite on anything from plastic spoons, to toys to your breast! I find that Griffin likes hard plastic things to chew on the best. Of course, there’s a plethora of teething toys on the market which may also help.
    2:Excessive drool
    When babies are still newborns, they drool a ton since they’re still learning how to swallow their saliva. Fast forward to teething, the drooling starts again (or never stops in some cases) because the body creates extra saliva to lubricate the tender and 3:bulging gums.
    Fussier than usual, especially at night
    These teething symptoms make babies who once slept through the night start to wake up several times for comfort. In the quiet hours of night, a baby often feels the teething pain more because there are fewer distractions.
    4:Disturbances in sleep patterns
    Because of the teething discomfort, babies will usually nap less and wake up earlier in the morning. Fun times for all involved with these teething symptoms!
    5:Fever, rashes, cough, and diarrhea
    Although some doctors disagree, many mamas detect a slight fever (under 100 degrees) in their babies when teeth are imminent. Additionally, the extra drool can cause facial rashes, chafing, and coughing since it pools at back of throat. Some babies even develop diaper rash and diarrhea.
    6:Decreased appetite
    When babies are in pain, they generally don’t want to eat, especially since it triggers their sore spots. Keep trying to feed them as much as possible despite the resistance. Call your doctor if their caloric input decreases dramatically.
    7:Pulling of ears and rubbing of chin and cheeks
    Babies can be quite resourceful and administer self massage. By pulling and rubbing around their jaw, they create counter pressure that eases some of the pain and throbbing.
    So if your little baby is acting different lately because of teething symptoms, take heart there’s good reason… and soon enough, her little pearly whites will surface.

In the meantime, we don’t have to be victims! There are some great things we can do to comfort baby in the midst of the teething process. Here are some of the most effective teething remedies.

Teething in babies varies, it might be a rough journey for some and an easy one for the other. Piccan and bonababe really helped during my baby’s teething period

thanks for sharing but teething differs for children some is an easy ride but some is thug of war

Teething is a natural experience.. Sometimes paracetamol alone works.

I was actually thinking that the teeth development do itch them, that’s why they tend to bite anything that comes across their mouth

Noted.thnks for the info

Noted.thnks for the info

Aww no wonder my baby changed feel so sad now. Was wondering what’s wrong with her.

I felt the teeth is making them uncomfortable at the initial stage

Thanks for sharing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in