What Does Being a 21st Century African Woman Mean to You?

Home Forum African Culture What Does Being a 21st Century African Woman Mean to You?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Rhoda Oluwayemisi Rhoda Oluwayemisi 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

21st Century African woman

The 21st-century African woman is bold, ambitious, courageous, yet civil, despite all the hurdles and challenges that come her way.
    She’s not the one to follow the stereotypical expectations of the African society. She sets her own rules and knows what’s best for her family and herself. She practices self-care without guilt, eating healthy, exercising,ย and pampering her body. She raises her children to not be restricted by gender or customs. The 21st century African Woman is revolutionary โœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐Ÿฟ. What does being one mean to you? We will beย posting statements from 21st century African Woman telling us what it means to them.

“Being a 21st Century African Woman means being able to balance motherhood and a demanding career in IT while at the same time exposing my two American-born children to their Kenyan roots. My goal is for them to embrace and celebrate their Kikuyu and Luo heritage so that they have an “identity” of where they come from but the wider perspective in doing that is to broaden their perspective of the world and enhance their creativity while overcoming functional fixedness.” ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฟโœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐Ÿฟ
    @ruthmwangiochieng

What does being a 21st Century African woman mean to you? Join the discussion.

Being a 21st centuary woman to me mesns having the option to walk away from toxic relationships even if that means becoming a single mother. What does being a 21st century African woman mean to you? Join the discussion

“Being a 21st century woman…
    It means not fitting in the status quo of what a woman can or canโ€™t do. Excelling at my career while being amazing as a mother, setting good examples for the generations behind me including my children. Using the available support system around me, and listening to my body when it needs to rest without feeling guilty about needing ME time.

For the 21st century woman, there is no more room for mediocrity!” ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฟโœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐Ÿฟโค
    What does being a 21st Century African woman mean to you? Join the discussion

It means being passionate about my dreams. Knowing for sure that I cannot be stranded. We are so full of ideas, life, Strong and courageous……

It means being passionate about my dreams. Knowing for sure that I cannot be stranded. We are so full of ideas, life, Strong and courageous……

“Being a 21st century African Woman means being self sufficient, you don’t wait for anyone to help and if help comes well that’s good.” ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฟโœŠ๐Ÿฟ

What does it mean to you?

I am the beacon, the heart and the soul of my familyโ€™s foundation. My goal is to raise my children up to be the strongest King and Queens that God has destined them to be.” โœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐ŸฟโœŠ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘
    I lost a baby girl 02/23/2017 at 24 weeks and 5 days she was born 02/20/2017 long story short. I was told that I could not have anymore children. But God had the final say! 5 days before I was scheduled for a hysterectomy I found out that I was 9 weeks pregnant with Moriah. Sheโ€™s the bandaid holding my broken heart together. I vowed to celebrate her life. So here we are sending out high vibrations of love and joy from me and my rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ baby. Peace be with you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ. Thanks again for shining positivity this way.

Being a 21st century African woman to me means being enlightened, courageous and powerful. It’s being your own type African Woman and Mother without conforming to the stereotypical ideas of the society. I listen to my own body and practice self-care while doing what’s best for my family โคโ™ฅโ™ฅ

Being a 21st century African woman, to me, means finding the motivation to face all the challenges of this new era because strong female role models came before us, clearing the paths for us to walk in. 21st century African women are in touch with all aspects of their womanhood, and constantly strive to become the best versions of themselves in all areas of their lives. As 21st century African women, we are deeply rooted in the richness of our culture(s) while simultaneously embracing modernity. We are multidimensional women.”

“This is the time of my life Iโ€™ve always dreamed about;
    Being a mom,
    Being responsible for another life.
    I find myself stressing on the type of mother Iโ€™ll be, trying my possible best to do everything right at all times but being a 21st century mom, Iโ€™m not sure if Iโ€™m to be the strict/disciplinarian kinda mom or the friendly/cool mom. Most times, I feel I donโ€™t have it all together but I look to God for strength and wisdom in raising her to be the best version of herself and not the best version for social media.

As an African Mommy, I remind myself today not to be overwhelmed with motherhood that I forget my purpose and dreams. I never want to forget to live my life, be the best version of myself and a good example for my child and I canโ€™t wait to teach and celebrate the AFRICAN culture with Efua as she grows up.
    Happy Womenโ€™s Day!!!”

“If you want something said, ask a man; if you what something done ask a woman…๐Ÿ’ชhappy international womenโ€™s day โค๏ธ.”

“After all family burdens she is still smart and strong …that is what a 21st century African Woman means to me.”

A 21st century African woman is powerful, strong, magnificent, excellent, wonderful, amazing, incredible, eloquent, gorgeous, industrious, kindhearted, virtuous, mothers, sisters, wife’s, friend, teachers, counsellors, superbeing and indeed pillars. I’m proud to be one and so are you.

“She is confident. Never afraid to express her feelings. She strives to make her own money. Marriage is not all she lives for, yet, she has no problem submitting to her husband when the time comes. The 21st century African woman is the Proverbs 31 woman.

“Being a 21st Century Afro woman means I understand the power of standing in my truth with dignity and authenticity. Always remembering who I am personally and culturally and using it to propel me. It means understanding that there is strength in my femininity.”

“I’m open to different opportunities without gender discrimination. I have ideas and can implement them, I have my freedom of choice. And I can earn and be succesful as much as I want to.”

I canย  be anything I desire! I’m passionate about lifting every other woman! I Love, I Live, I Learn, I grow! I am aย  21st century Africanย  woman

It means a being confident, strong, passionate about her goals and that of her family, not b able to settle for less when toxic conditions comes, she a great believer of having a future great than now .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in