New Year’s Eve is traditionally considered as a holiday for adults. This is true because midnight is way past a child’s bedtime. But, we can still celebrate the new year as a family with children involved, bonding and having fun together.
Here are fun ideas to celebrate new years eve with your family.
- You may choose to be at your place of worship, as it is slowly becoming a tradition across Africa. The idea is to get into the new year with a renewed faith in what you believe in.
- Since midnight is past most kid’s bedtime, you could hold a mock New Year’s Eve, celebrating at 8 or 9 pm instead of keeping them till midnight.
- Play some Family-friendly New Year’s Eve games
- If you have enough space, pitch a tent or your mosquito net lol! and let the kids have a slumber party with their siblings
- Invite your friends and neighbours, tell them to come with alarm clocks so you can have plenty alarm go off at once at midnight or 8 pm if you are having a mock New Year’s Eve. When the alarm starts ringing, do fun things, bang pot and pans, hug and kiss each other, wish everyone a happy new year.
- Make craft art with your kids
- It could just be one fun Karaoke night with the kids
- Buy or make matching pyjamas for a fun-filled 31st night with the kids
- Enjoy the night by playing dress up
- Turn up the music and dance into the Newyear!!!