By Krystal Ross
The transition from being a couple to becoming a family is joy-filled but it can also turn your world upside down! As you and your spouse adjust to your new responsibilities as parents you will find that you have less time for each other.
How do you keep your relationship sizzling when your new baby demands all your time and energy?
Here are a few tips to help you adjust to these new demands and still find time to keep the fire blazing between you and your partner.
- MAKE A DATE
Make a date and stick to it. By setting a date to spend quality time with your partner, you’re instilling a habit which will have great benefits for the entire family. You must work at staying in love don’t take it for granted. Have dinner, go for a stroll, try new things. Remember love is like a flame, if you don’t want it to die, keep blowing the flames.
DON’T FORGET YOUR FIVE Ts: Talk, Text,Touch, Time-Out andTeamwork
- Find time to TALK, flirt a little, laugh and share smiles. A cheeky promise of things to come later in the day will keep your partner smiling all day.
- TEXT each other during the day, whenever you get a chance send aflirtatious picture (Avoid sending nudes), a racy text or just a simple “I love you” will go a long way.Anticipation can be a great aphrodisiac.
- TOUCHING your partners face, shoulders, arms keeps the intimacy alive. It tells your partner that the attraction is still there.
- Time out:Do not forget you! its easy to say NO to a hot interlude if you are dressed in a pink robe that smells like baby spit -up. Once the baby is sleeping take a TIME-OUT have a shower and slip into something sexy; you’ll feel much better and ready to go and so will he!
- Teamwork: NO NAGGING! Parenthood is a LIFE CHANGING experience one that you cannot forget to miss by competing with your partner,work together, support each other, motivate each other. You are a TEAM.
- DON’T PANIC: If things are slow to recover in the bedroom. You need to adjust to a new lifestyle, new responsibilities, and honestly a new body. Don’t let your appearance slide down the drain, staying attractive will boost your confidence and make you feel more attractive to your spouse. A man that truly loves you understand the process, and will commend you on your effort. Exercise, eat healthy, stay positive and keep smiling.
African MommyKeep the Fire Burning in Your Relationship!