While the earth heals and we wait for things to return to normal, including schools, African mommy brings us the very best movies to entertain and educate the family and to help pass time and ease boredom.
1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018): Rom com is making waves again in 2020 and it’s only fitting to bring up one of the best!!
The movie is about a high schooler; Lara Jean. Who had her list of crushes leaked. It’s a sweet movie about sisters growing up with a single dad, very relatable and enjoyable!
2. Mamma Mia! (2008): Sing along movies are probably the most fun movies to watch as a family and Mamma Mia fits right in! In this one Sophie tries to figure out who her biological dad is during her weeding at her mothers island hotel. Laced with a bit of comedy, this is just perfect for everyone.
3. Before the Flood (2016): Perfect for nerds and geeks, this isn’t one for every kid but is still worth watching because it addresses the pressing issues of climate change and global warming. It’s easy to understand, educating and comes with important lessons!
4. Coco (2017): Two time Oscar winner coco didn’t come to play! A favorite among kids and adults as well it’s a Pixar blockbuster set in Mexican location. Colorfully rich and intellectually stimulating, it explores a totally untouched angle of educating kids.
5. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009): Another all time favorite this graceful comedy is adapted from the children’s book starring and inventor and a smart weather girl both intelligent and like-able rushing times save their town from impending doom.
6. The Little Prince (2015): this exciting adapted from its novel version is certainly worth watching, a high rated family movie that relates to it audience and touches deep themes and topics.
7. Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008): Sequel to the original “Madagascar” expect some surprise when the penguins pack a wrecked airplane together to escape to Madagascar only to crash and and find themselves in africa!
8. The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (2019): Directed by award winning actor and Oscar nominee Chiwetel Ejiofor this movie tells the thrilling story of a young genius from Malawi who uses his electronic gifts to rescue his family and community from almost certain drought and famine, a timeless classic!
9. The Incredibles 2 (2018): its almost impossible to find anyone who isn’t a huge fan or lover of the Incredibles! The long awaited sequel didn’t disappoint, filled with humor and adventure meets our expectations and is just what we needed!
10. Spy Kids (2001): Another timeless classic, this one rocked the early 2000s and is still packed with the kind of action kids love to see Carmen And Juni set out to save their kidnapped parents. Full of suspense and more suspense even parents and adult would love this one!